[simpits-tech] Re: [digital-flight e_group] shop update....

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 10:31:06 PDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Gene Buckle wrote:

> Well the shop STILL isn't completed yet.  I don't understand why they
> don't work a whole day, but it's beginning to drive me insane.  If you
> worked construction, would expect to remain employed if you arrived at
> work at 12:30 and left before 4?  That's what they did today.

They must be british builders.

> Rob & I finished emptying things out of the old place this week.  By the
> time you read this, it's quite likely that the old shop has already been
> razed to the ground.  A pity too.  The building was only 6 years old.
> Unfortunately this also means my childhood home has met the same fate in
> order to make room for 20 new homes.  Homes that will more than likely
> be filled with entitlement-minded soccer mommies, dragging their
> ill-mannered uterus trophies about with reckless abandon.  Oh. Joy.

:-(

> What makes you realize your shop MIGHT be too big:
> ...when you can play the "I pinch your head!" game from across the room. :)

ok, that's a new one for me?  Explain yourself!

> My site prep guy (Terry Bush of Bush Construction - fantastic guy,
> prompt and a joy to work with!) will be here on Saturday to re-level the
> floor so the concrete floor can be poured.  The concrete pour had better
>   happen next week or heads will roll.

If the floor is level - nothing should roll :-)

> Because these idiots are so slow, my poor F-15 sits outside, shivering
> in the cold: http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/f15_tarp.jpg

Just like mine is - I think we even have the same blue tarp. At least you
have an end in sight.

It's a reall pisser when your dream is being squashed by someone else. Did
you pay up-front for this build?   Had this been my build, there would be
a growing heap of dead and dying builders piled up alongside the shop.

Roy.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.