[simpits-tech] shop update....

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 14 21:47:15 PDT 2006

Well the shop STILL isn't completed yet.  I don't understand why they

don't work a whole day, but it's beginning to drive me insane.  If you

worked construction, would expect to remain employed if you arrived at

work at 12:30 and left before 4?  That's what they did today.

Isn't that the damn truth.  I had some remodel stuff done and what should
have taken a week took three.  The guy had like 9 doctors appointments
during the time.  I told him if he needs to see a doctor again, he can show
up at 8am and I'd be happy to see him.

If you're going to build a pole barn style building, avoid AT ALL COSTS

Pacific Post Frame Construction unless you don't mind waiting 9 months

for a building.

On a sadder note, here's a picture of the old shop that I took last week:

http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/old_shop.jpg

Rob & I finished emptying things out of the old place this week.  By the

time you read this, it's quite likely that the old shop has already been

razed to the ground.  A pity too.  The building was only 6 years old.

Unfortunately this also means my childhood home has met the same fate in

order to make room for 20 new homes.  Homes that will more than likely

be filled with entitlement-minded soccer mommies, dragging their

ill-mannered uterus trophies about with reckless abandon.  Oh. Joy.

Gee Gene, tell us how you really feel.  It's even worse when they see the
doctor because they have already looked up on the internet what the
diagnosis is and what I should be doing and why haven't I done it yet?  Why
did I waste 12 years of my life getting a degree?  I could have just used
the internet.

What makes you realize your shop MIGHT be too big:

http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/pinch_head.jpg

...when you can play the "I pinch your head!" game from across the room. :)

Here's what the shop looks like as of about 10 minutes ago:

http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/not_done_yet2.jpg

They put the whole wall up that you see to the left edge of the image

and they also put up the roof cap.  The roof cap is a formed metal

extrusion that seals the very top seam of the roof.  I still can't

fathom why they left.  There is plenty of material left and plenty of

fasteners.

My site prep guy (Terry Bush of Bush Construction - fantastic guy,

prompt and a joy to work with!) will be here on Saturday to re-level the

floor so the concrete floor can be poured.  The concrete pour had better

  happen next week or heads will roll.

Because these idiots are so slow, my poor F-15 sits outside, shivering

in the cold: http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/f15_tarp.jpg

Thanks for reading folks. :)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Simpits-tech at simpits.org

Thanks!