[simpits-tech] Shop has finally started!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 17:18:27 PDT 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > I do believe he is taking the piss !
> >
> Well that makes about as much sense as a duck with swimming trunks on. :)

Ah, a brit expression I suspect. Taking the piss is, "taking the mickey",
"having a laugh", making fun of, and so on.

> > At least I _understand_ the 1950's gear!!
> >
> That's good to hear.  Did you ever get that keyboard connected to
> Colossus? *gd&r*

They've finally finished Colossus!??

> For something actually on-topic... You guys need to head over to Beta
> Innovations website - http://www.betainnovations.com.  I hadn't been
> there in a while and Leo has gone completely over the edge with some of
> the coolest goodies I've ever seen.  I think I may be selling all my
> non-servo Phidget gear. :)

Must admit I'm a little worried about the robustness of the phidgets dll.
The newer versions periodically go tits up when I'm using a single servo
board. The older version I've stuck to - doesn't.

I'll have a rummage at beta over the weekend.

Roy.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.