[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 38, Issue 19

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 13:13:24 PDT 2006

The key is to know the right people. While I was at
Tyndall being told no vieo of the F-22, Chris Woodul
got a KC-135 ride to nellis and was shown the
F-22(including the cockpit)up close, and cameras were
allowed. Maybe the fast that is was not running made a
difference.

You should have told me sooner that you needed pics, I
sat in a St. Louis F-15C last month. The seat was
live. I would post a pic of me in it but they dont go
through on this list.

Justin

> In August of 2001 Rob & I went to the airshow at
> McChord-AFB because the
> Oregon ANG F-15Cs were going to be there.  I needed
> more research photos
> of the cockpit.  I was told in no uncertain terms
> would I be allowed to
> take a picture of the cockpit.  Now we're talking
> about a powered-off idle
> airframe here.  It's not like the ALR-56C was hot or
> something.  I was
> insanely pissed off.  The jerk wouldn't even grace
> me with a reason as to
> why I couldn't photograph the cockpit.
>
> At that point I wisely decided that telling him that
> a) I had my own damn
> F-15C at home and b) I likely knew more about it
> than he did would sound
> both rediculously(sp) childish and VERY Walter
> Mitty-ish.  I bid him a
> fond farewell (pronounced, "Ok.  Have a good one.",
> spelled, "Eat bags of
> flaming sh*t, you over-educated, under-brained
> little twat!") and left.
>
> :)
>
> g.
>

>  --
> "I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"
>
> Proud owner of 80-0007
> http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

 Douglas DC-8
  www.dc8cockpit.catisp.com