[simpits-tech] WVO and Flight

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Oct 13 16:38:05 PDT 2006

> The HUD was really cool. It didn't even look like it was on until I got
> the seat to eyepoint, and then it all lit up at once. For my flight they
> moved it out of the way, but it was neat when it was on and I was doing
> my measuring.

I was curious as to how they handled the focus on it.  Regular HUDs are
infinity-focus devices and when used against a screen your eye has to keep
changing focus to properly view the displayed symbology.

> A picture for Gene: http://users.rcn.com/chevello/3159F-15.jpg

Looks like a part/task trainer to me. :)

> Not a REAL F-15, but semi-close enough. This is why I wanted dimensions
> from you, but you were too busy MOVING or something ;) Ever get the
> little plane out of the tree?
Yep.  That was the easy part. :)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007