[simpits-tech] WVO and Flight

KD chevello at rcn.com
Fri Oct 13 18:21:58 PDT 2006

I wonder if you could use waste oil to fly a Buff? How many McDonalds'
worth of veggie to get to Iraq? Might be part of a solution to the cost
of the war.

In my Benz I have to heat it with the engine cooling water to thin it
out enough for the pump to pump. That is what all the wacky hoses and
stuff in the trunk and under the hood are for.

The HUD was really cool. It didn't even look like it was on until I got
the seat to eyepoint, and then it all lit up at once. For my flight they
moved it out of the way, but it was neat when it was on and I was doing
my measuring.

Do you guys know of any aviation junkyards who have 757 parts? I am
going to need a yoke and a few other parts soon.

A picture for Gene: http://users.rcn.com/chevello/3159F-15.jpg

Not a REAL F-15, but semi-close enough. This is why I wanted dimensions
from you, but you were too busy MOVING or something ;) Ever get the
little plane out of the tree?
My own Akers-Barnes is half done out in the garage now. No pics yet, but
once I have something worth showing (or I clean up the mess) I'll have
some. Not a lot like what you guys are doing, but it's all I can do
right now.