[simpits-tech] NASA Sim Flight

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Oct 12 19:57:19 PDT 2006

> OK so it was to make you jealous, neener!. When at Langley last week to
> see the sim, they allowed myself and my compatriot (he's the one without
> the hat) to give a shot at landing the 757 simulator. The visual was
> amazing. 180 degrees wide, 32 degrees up 22 down, and colimated. I had
> to keep checking out the back door of the simulator to be sure we
> weren't moving. I flew high over the runway on my first shot, and landed
> a bit long and stopped on the far numbers on my second. The "other guy"
> (who by the way is a RL pilot) wasn't able to get on the runway either
> of his passes. He said it was because I have more sim time than him :D

Lame excuse! :)

How well did the HUD work against that collimated display?

> Anyways, check out my WVO powered Benz named "Der Wiesel"  while you are
> gazing at my junk:
What is WVO?

> (I'm still waiting to show pics of the F-15 sim....)

I got a _pristine_ RADIO2 panel this week.  I can't wait until I can get
back to work on the sim.  Unfortunately events keep conspiring to keep me
playing carpenter than sim builder.  Rob has been an *invaluable* help
though.  The power panels were installed today and I hope there will be
power in there by the weekend.  Too bad I won't see a main door until the
31st!

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007