[simpits-tech] NASA Sim Flight

KD chevello at rcn.com
Thu Oct 12 20:20:09 PDT 2006

OK not to make you guys jealous or anything, check these out:

http://users.rcn.com/chevello/kdleftseat.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/chevello/jgflying.jpg

OK so it was to make you jealous, neener!. When at Langley last week to
see the sim, they allowed myself and my compatriot (he's the one without
the hat) to give a shot at landing the 757 simulator. The visual was
amazing. 180 degrees wide, 32 degrees up 22 down, and colimated. I had
to keep checking out the back door of the simulator to be sure we
weren't moving. I flew high over the runway on my first shot, and landed
a bit long and stopped on the far numbers on my second. The "other guy"
(who by the way is a RL pilot) wasn't able to get on the runway either
of his passes. He said it was because I have more sim time than him :D
Anyways, check out my WVO powered Benz named "Der Wiesel"  while you are
gazing at my junk:
http://users.rcn.com/chevello/MBZpage/benz.html
(I'm still waiting to show pics of the F-15 sim....)
Keith