[simpits-tech] FSX cockpits

bass pumped bass.pumped at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:04:58 PST 2006

> I doubt it would be difficult.  The "hard" part is coming up with enough
> money to buy the muscle machines & bleeding edge video boards needed to
> get any good performance out of it. :)

I guess I got the muscle machines (3 dual core dell somethings) with
very decent video cards (Nvidia Quaddro something).... and more
importantly... I didn't spend any of my money on it... atleast not
directly ;-)

I've already got X-Plane going on those.  I was just wondering what
the possibility of having FSX there too.  I saw some of the
screenshots on FSX and they look absolutely stunning.  Ofcourse I'm
sure they took those shots cranking the graphics to max and taking
more than a slight hit in performance and frame rates...  but I was
wondering anyway.

So the question is, can you run 4 different instances of FSX on 4
different computers and sychronize them using UDP?  I know you can do
that with X-Plane and FlightGear, but I have no idea about FS.

> For those that don't know, FlightGear (an open source flight simulator)
> has recently switched to Open Scene Graph for thier graphics engine.  The
> results are just astonishing.  Check it out at http://www.flightgear.org

I'm waiting for them to finish ironing out the bugs in the FG OSG
version.  I'll have a go at it when they are almost done porting
everything from PLIB to OSG.  I already have FS PLIB running, but the
problem is that FG accepts 2 joystick inputs.  I have a total of 4
joystick inputs at the moment... I have a found a way to convert them
to just 2 inputs, but I just haven't been able to get to it.

Thanks for your reply!