[simpits-tech] FSX cockpits

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 16 07:05:14 PST 2006

> Out of curiosity, has anyone setup a cockpit with multiple computers
> for visuals with FSX yet?   For example, 3 large monitors for a 180
> degree front view, and a smaller monitor below the forward view for a
> panel.  If anyone has.... how hard was it to do?

I doubt it would be difficult.  The "hard" part is coming up with enough
money to buy the muscle machines & bleeding edge video boards needed to
get any good performance out of it. :)

For those that don't know, FlightGear (an open source flight simulator)
has recently switched to Open Scene Graph for thier graphics engine.  The
results are just astonishing.  Check it out at http://www.flightgear.org

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"