[simpits-tech] Anyone awake?

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 1 15:05:39 PDT 2006

My understanding is that the transformers are wound different.  Although,
I've also been told you can run a 60Hz transformer at 400 hz but not the
other way around.  I bought a couple of transformers just for this purpose
but never got around to testing them.

Patience on eBay will turn up static boxes that will do 26vac 400hz.  I've
managed to snag two of them for under 200 bucks.  They don't show up too
often but when they do, they aren't cheap either.

Jay