[simpits-tech] Christmas sim party!!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Dec 29 17:42:08 PST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Justin Messenger wrote:

> We had a Christmas sim party in the DC-8. The day
> before I got the tiller going with the latest FS9
> version of FSUIPC and it worked great!! It was
> interesting watching people learn to go from the
> tiller to rudder pedals to the yoke when they have
> never been in a cockpit before.
>
> I placed by CB radio where only the mike cord was
> visible so the Captain could make silly announcments
> over its PA setting. I hooked it to to a speaker in
> the passenger area and the kids LOVED it.
>
> My uncle who is a C-17 sim instructor flew an ILS
> approach and we all had a good time with 7 people in
> the DC-8 at any given time. I need to install an
> intertainment system for people sitting in the back
> since they tended to have a long wait.

Nice one Justin!  The idea of a broadcast system has been on my list of
ideas for a long time now but you've just made me decide it's worth doing!

As for cabin entertainment... we use a simple VCR and show 'entertaining'
(ie: crash) videos to keep the waiting kiddies amused. Works a treat.

Roy.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.