[simpits-tech] Christmas sim party!!

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 11:22:17 PST 2006

We had a Christmas sim party in the DC-8. The day
before I got the tiller going with the latest FS9
version of FSUIPC and it worked great!! It was
interesting watching people learn to go from the
tiller to rudder pedals to the yoke when they have
never been in a cockpit before.

I placed by CB radio where only the mike cord was
visible so the Captain could make silly announcments
over its PA setting. I hooked it to to a speaker in
the passenger area and the kids LOVED it.

My uncle who is a C-17 sim instructor flew an ILS
approach and we all had a good time with 7 people in
the DC-8 at any given time. I need to install an
intertainment system for people sitting in the back
since they tended to have a long wait.

Justin

 Douglas DC-8
  www.dc8cockpit.catisp.com