[simpits-tech] [Spam] Re: Ship sim...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Dec 21 10:04:19 PST 2006

> seasick?? how about just plain sick.

:)

> i've been doing some CAD work to help determine the feasibility of running
> that Matrox device through a few projectors.
>
> some measuring-tape sessions strongly suggest that the rendered image will
> exceed my peripheral vision.

That's the idea Alan.  The trick to this whole thing is to give your eye
no external references beyond the edges of the screen.

The way I'm going to set up the F-15 visuals is very similar, with special
blacked out areas to cover some of the side area that I can't (at this
time) cover with screen visuals.

 > here are some shots from the program:
>
> http://www.enet-inc.com/adm/shots/shot1.jpg
>
> http://www.enet-inc.com/adm/shots/shot2.jpg

Neat!

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"