[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 40, Issue 2

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Dec 5 07:02:10 PST 2006

> >From what PM told me in the past FMFD was bomb on the
> market, so there will not be another one made by them.
> They used to be pestered to make a FMFD but after they
> released it almost no one bought it. Maybe it would
> have done better if it was for the F-16...

The problem that I saw with it was that it didn't follow any specific
aircraft that much.  The other problem is that it's quite task specific.
For example, unless you've got a real HUD to use it with, the HUD display
would only be good for the HUD repeater page in an F-15E MPD or an F/A-18
DDI.

That said, I've got a copy of it and I'll use the HUD mode when I build a
cockpit around the A7 HUD I have.

Speaking of which, I saw a NIB A7 HUD on eBay last night.  It's pretty
expensive, but would work for those building an F-16A or similar.  Matt
W.'s HUD is the same unit with the F-16 UFC on it.  The HUD was made by
Canada Marconi and was used in the early F-16As.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"