[simpits-tech] cost of a simpit

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Oct 23 03:47:59 PDT 2005

Matt Bailey wrote:
> Heh..........occasionally I do a quick rough estimate of what my
> "basic" first cockpit will be like, and I'm thinking "ok, I think if
> I keep things
> reasonable, I can get *started* for under $10,000".......
>
> I already have too many expensive hobbies. :P

My cockpit cost $15k, but it also came with a fuselage, engine, wings... ;)

Decided to simulate total loss of ailerons and elevator today. Flew for
about 15 minutes using nothing but the rudder and throttle, got to about
200' AGL dead on the glideslope and figured it might be nice to be able to
reuse the airframe and land normally. I was quite impressed with myself, but
I think my passenger was about to have kittens.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net