[simpits-tech] Went flying yesterday....

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Mar 22 20:31:35 PST 2005

Matt Bailey wrote:
> Of all the creative ways I've come up with to destroy and/or prematurely end a
> model's flight, strangely, socializing with the foliage has not been amongst
> them.
>
> I finally got to go flying last week too, the weather is starting to warm up
> here (southern IN). Still dialing in my recently restored Tiger 2, it keeps
> nosing over during taxi. :P Sure flies nice though..........

I've got a BUHOR (Big Ugly Hell On Rails) nearly complete right now.
The fuselage is two 42" 3/4" aluminum "L" rails with 2-1/2" spacers made
of the same stuff.  Wing & empennage are 4mm Coroplast.  I made a
mistake when purchasing the Coroplast and ended up way short on the
wing.  It's 48" instead of 60".  I've got a 16 year old OS Max .40 FP to
go on the front end.  Should prove...interesting to fly. :)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"
Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only of its kind.