[simpits-tech] OT - Microsoft

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 17:45:11 PST 2005

Well, the good news is that it is not you.  As for a support group for your
friend, I would assume that his fellow collages will work well.

>From what I understand of Microsoft's work environment, you are expected to
work a lot of overtime and since you are a salaried employee, that kind of
sucks.

I view any company that works their employees on a habitual basis longer
than 40 hours a week as a company that is always in a fire fighting mode,
Such working environments tend to be pathological and are usually traced
back directly to management and their processes.

Then again, I know a number of companies that employ practices that I feel
are not sound working environments.

Marv