[simpits-tech] Controlling synchros

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jun 8 14:40:12 PDT 2005

> Oh, definitely. At least you never run out of new things to do. And new
> ways to electrocute yourself.

Tell me about it.  My 5V DC supply is rated at 200 Amps.  Just about
good enough to weld with. :)

> I had tons of books with pictures of battle damaged B-17s. Amazingly
> tough plane. Like the one that had a ME-109 shear off one of the
> horizontal stabilizers and almost cut the plane in half, or the one that
> took a direct hit from a flak shell in the nose section. Everything
> forward of the cockpit bulkhead a mass of twisted metal, blown open. It
> still managed to come home and land.

Yep.  There was a book written that was all about the amazing beating
the B-17 could take and still bring her crew home.  The creepiest one
talked about this shot-up B-17G that landed, but no one got out.  After
waiting a few minutes they decided to go find out why.  Turns out the
whole crew was dead.  They figure the pilot expired right after the
roll-out finished.

> Worked pretty good. Was that a  monogram B-17G kit? God, I must've built
Probably.  This was back in 1976. :)