[simpits-tech] Controlling synchros

Simon Bennett servantofcthulhu at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:41:15 PDT 2005

The indicator hasn't even been delivered yet, so there's not much I can do
for now except read and plan. I'll also need to find the pinout of the ADI
and buy an inverter so I can supply power to it.

This link is useful and fascinating:
http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14187/

Right now I have other stuff to work on, though. Right now my cockpit,
besides my HOTAS setup, consists of a small white cardboard box (the kind an
OEM video card comes in). The box has holes in it, through which cheap Radio
Shack toggle switches have been inserted. Also inside the box is the circuit
board I tore out of a keyboard, and a piece of perfboard that will contain
the circuit necessary to interface said switches with said electronicky
bits.

I have hooked each appropriate column/row lead from the keyboard controller
up to the output and one of the inputs of an AND gate I had lying around,
which was the easiest way I found to tell the controller a certain key has
been pressed, with the components I have lying around right now. All I have
to do now is figure out how to get a on/off toggle switch to work like it's
momentary. I worked up this really poorly-done schematic to show how I plan
on doing this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/_desdinova/circuit.jpg

It seems to work, but if anyone has a better way, I'd be grateful if you
could share it.