[simpits-tech] Fed up with MS etc... Maybe New Sim

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Jan 25 22:32:25 PST 2005

Manuel Bessler wrote:

> Why in the world does one need a car with > 300 horsepower when the
> speed limits can be exceeded easily with a car thats got only 1/5th of
> that power ?

Because it's fun :) But I only paid about $18k for mine.

Same argument can (and has) been made about bikes. My more evil one has ~125
horsepower and would eat that Ferrari as a mid-afternoon snack. And the
change left over from the purchase price of the Ferrari is enough to buy me
an IFR certified V35, everything needed to build a 200 hp RV-8, and pay for
hangar rent for a couple of years.

> Anyways, I always wonder what the owners of fast cars do to actually
> test the higher speeds of their cars. Go on a race track ? Or just on
> the hiway, hoping they don't get caught ...

Both ;) I held 140 mph for 45 minutes on a trip from Dallas to Houston once,
but I test rode my bike at the track.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net