[simpits-tech] Fed up with MS etc... Maybe New Sim

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Wed Jan 26 04:47:55 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:13:15PM -0500, Bob Reed wrote:
> Actually... I think the Vette is gone.....
> http://www.x-plane.com/adventures/cars/360.html

Why in the world does one need a car with > 300 horsepower when the
speed limits can be exceeded easily with a car thats got only 1/5th of
that power ?

Maybe if your wallet is deep enough to pay for all the speeding tickets
... ?

Over here in Germany I could *somewhat* understand it...
(driving home from work tonight, I was passed by a Porsche doing
probably more than 230km/h (thats about 143mph). This was around
midnight, on a long straight piece of the Autobahn (german highway) with
barely any traffic.)

Anyways, I always wonder what the owners of fast cars do to actually
test the higher speeds of their cars. Go on a race track ? Or just on
the hiway, hoping they don't get caught ...

Manuel
--
Opensource/Free Software: No Gates, No Windows