[simpits-tech] Interesting item

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Jan 18 12:45:29 PST 2005

Yeah, I'm thinking it was for a hands-on display/exhibition of some sort.

Bad news though...I asked the seller about the metal base and he says it's
part of the grip. :( From the internal pic I thought it looked like maybe the
base was riveted or bolted on. Even if I could Dremel the thing off (which
would be messy), that doesn't leave many options on mounting the stick. I
really need something that's designed for use, i.e. that has a threaded
column or something like that.

What a shame, it's a seriously cool looking grip, lots of functionality. And
the price is right! Guess I'll keep looking...............

Those grips on either side of the F-15E do look very similar to this static
unit....do you know what they are for?

	-Matt Bailey