[simpits-tech] Pneumatic controllers

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Feb 26 00:53:08 PST 2005

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Bah, I can make adjustments to the servo position where I just hear
> the motor
> move, without the output shaft visibly moving. What kind of cheapo
> servos
> were *you* using? ;)

Usually Hitec :)

> In all seriousness...........the industrial servos are attractive,
> with the
> ability of some to move a LOT more than 180* (I saw mention somwhere
> of
> servos that feature continuous movement.....THAT would be cool). I'd
> probably
> be all over them if I could afford them........but aren't they rather
> pricey?

Ebay is your friend :)

> The R/C stuff should be fine for instruments with less than 360* of
> motion,
> but industrial rigs would be a welcome addition if you can point me
> to one of
> the following:
>
> 1. A dirt cheap source for the servos

See above, though the words servo and cheap aren't usually used to describe
the same object ;)

> 2. A huge amount of cash and/or a way to make a huge amount of cash :)

Start a career as a pimp? ;) I'm wanting a huge pile of cash, too, so I can
open my own machine shop and go to the Bahamas while my employees are
working 12 hour days all weekend.
--
Steve
N205FT