[simpits-tech] My Latest Project

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 18:54:17 PST 2005

Kiko,
Thank you.  Right now I am just trying to get the
cockpit presentable and to replace missing parts, both
huge tasks. As a sim Ill go the normal MFS route.

I have thought it would be fun to get it working with
a fighter program and fly as a AWACS with someone in
the back actually working an AWACS station,
controlling fighters online. A networked bombing
mission would be fun too, just pretend it's a B-52 :)

As far as the F-4 goes, when the stick and throttle
controls died last winter I packed the sim away and
havent looked back. (havent had the time to)

It seems common for simpitters to be unsatisfied with
their first project once they've had some experience
with it. Personally, I became annoyed with all the
compromises I made with mine. I would like to convert
a real F-4 to a sim :)

In regards to your old sims, I know someone I think
needs an F-14 seat for their real F-14 sim. What
simulation are you going to drive the F-111 with?

Did you have an area code change? I tried to call
sometime ago but the #'s no longer worked. If I get
down there I'll be sure to stop by. Ill be in Mobile
Monday but that is still a long way away.
Justin

Justin,

Good to hear from you The DC 8 looks great; you have a
real gem there. What
are your plans for setting it up? How is the F4
project going? Us guys with
multiple projects going have a challenge on our hands.
As far as the home
built ones, the chances are good they will be parted
out, would you be
interested in one or both of them (or know of someone
who may be)? I should
know what I am going to do early next year.

As usual, if you are in the area, feel free to drop by
and we can do some
flying.

Kiko