[simpits-tech] Conversion of electrical gauges

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 11:41:20 PDT 2005

Why 400 hz only on step up/down transformers?  You can use a 60hz
transformer to step up/down 400hz power but not the other way around. Is
there a noise issue or something?  Also, what did you convert and how did
you feed it signals?  Right now I'm working on getting an F-16 fuel flow
meter working.  This baby has a built in transformer to step down 115v/400hz
to 26v/400hz.  The problem I'm having is trying to drive the synchro inside.
I really need a Digtal to synchro converter, but they seem a bit tough to
find.  Did you build a circuit that essentially converts the digital signal
to an analog one?

Jay