[simpits-tech] Dell Poweredge Computers

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Thu Sep 30 06:48:20 PDT 2004

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Why a 170? Hmm those have radials, right? I guess that is pretty cool.
> :) My first plane (a looooooong way off, I'd say......) will probably
> be
> something like a Decathlon, Champ, Cub, etc (I really would like a
> Decathlon/Citabria for the aerobatic capability), or maybe build an
> RV-3
> if I've got the nerve and skills. Hmmm, actually I probably *won't*
> get
> an RV, at least not at first...........it's made of aluminum. :)

Nope, 170s have flat 6s. Real men drive taildragers :)

> The spotlights I can understand, great idea. The
> rest.............ahhhhhhhhhhhh............ :P

More lights = faster :)

> Bwuahahaha. :) Lots of $$$, but fun they are. It's the kind of hobby
> you don't really HAVE to spend much money on, but usually do. :)
> Here's
> my current cash flow problem:
> http://rtccom.net/~mattb/pics/tiger_92604_tri.jpg It's surprising how
> much it takes just to restore a little balsa and plastic model. Part
> of
> my problem, though, is that I was never very well equipped for this,
> and
> since we've moved a few times I've lost some of the tools I did have,
> so
> I'm having some additional up-front costs to do this job right. Next
> project I have planned (restoring my .40-size Extra 300) shouldn't be
> quite so costly.
> Corsair? What model? Hmmm you can learn aerobatics with the slow
> stick,
> but you claim you haven't the time and the weather is too rough to fly
> your Corsair? Sounds fishy to me.......I think somebody's just
> nervous. ;)

GWS Corsair with the stock motor. So it's a bit underpowered. The Slow Stick
is just rock solid stable and way overpowered for the wing area (somewhere
around a pound per acre ;) ) Ever roll a Slow Stick? Don't try with the
stock tail, it won't work. It kinda flops over, eventually, then falls out
of the air. With a v-tail, however, it'll whip right around. Anyway, the
Corsair is way faster and I fly at a pretty small field with trees on all 4
sides and a 20 foot tower right in the middle so the elementary school
football coach and bark orders. No kidding. Elementary school. These people
are freakin' psychos. I haven't been able to fly there since school started
due to them practicing (remember, elementary school) until well after dark.
If I can't find a new place soon I'll just have to fly in empty parking lots
in the middle of the night. I can get away with that with a Slow Stick :)
The Corsair, however, has no landing gear, so concrete isn't it's friend.

And hell yes I'm nervous! I spent forever filling foam and painting this
thing, and the only powered planes I've flown successfully are a pair of
Slow Sticks! I have, however, flown a sailplane at well over 100 mph though,
so speed isn't the issue.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net