[simpits-tech] Dell Poweredge Computers

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Thu Sep 30 05:38:09 PDT 2004

Bubba wrote:

> I've changed my mind about my cockpit yet again. Now I'm going to wait until
> we get whatever plane we get (I'm really wanting a 170, but we haven't found
> one yet) and copy that. The FAA won't let it count in a logbook, but I
> figure it can't hurt to have the option to fly somewhere before I actually
> fly somewhere :) Besides, compare electricity per KW/H to 100LL per
> gallon...

	Why a 170? Hmm those have radials, right? I guess that is pretty cool.
:) My first plane (a looooooong way off, I'd say......) will probably be
something like a Decathlon, Champ, Cub, etc (I really would like a
Decathlon/Citabria for the aerobatic capability), or maybe build an RV-3
if I've got the nerve and skills. Hmmm, actually I probably *won't* get
an RV, at least not at first...........it's made of aluminum. :)

> Oh that's just not right! I like how my current machine looks so I didn't do
> anything to the outside, but I did stuff it full of blue LEDs. There's a 12
> LED bar with a controller that makes neat patterns, 2 LED spotlights I use
> when I'm digging around in there for whatever reason, 2 fans with 4 LEDs
> each, and I replaced the HDD light with a blue one. That's 24 total (the
> power light was already blue). Now that I've repoed my wife's computer due
> to lack of use I think I'm going to paint it Kawasaki green and Duplicolor
> purple/green Mirage to match my Ninja :) Then I need to get a DVI-VGA
> adapter, a KVM switch, and a decent TV tuner and I'll be set.

	The spotlights I can understand, great idea. The
rest.............ahhhhhhhhhhhh............ :P

> Oh yeah, I need to send a few dead monitors into your general area at high
> velocities because of that. Thanks to you I've spent way too much on tiny
> servos, batteries, and little airplanes lately. However, I can now fly a
> v-tailed Slow Stick inverted for a few seconds at a time before it reminds
> me who's really in control. I haven't had the time and weather to fly my new
> Corsair yet, though.

	Bwuahahaha. :) Lots of $$$, but fun they are. It's the kind of hobby
you don't really HAVE to spend much money on, but usually do. :) Here's
my current cash flow problem:
http://rtccom.net/~mattb/pics/tiger_92604_tri.jpg It's surprising how
much it takes just to restore a little balsa and plastic model. Part of
my problem, though, is that I was never very well equipped for this, and
since we've moved a few times I've lost some of the tools I did have, so
I'm having some additional up-front costs to do this job right. Next
project I have planned (restoring my .40-size Extra 300) shouldn't be
quite so costly.
	Corsair? What model? Hmmm you can learn aerobatics with the slow stick,
but you claim you haven't the time and the weather is too rough to fly
your Corsair? Sounds fishy to me.......I think somebody's just nervous.
;)

	-Matt Bailey