[simpits-tech] What is the best way to make gauges?

jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 30 02:42:26 PDT 2004

Hey everyone...

I want to construct my own gauges for my 109 pit.  I do not want them to be working, just simple gauges that look authentic.  I was thinking of using soup cans, painted black.  I have a book that has every gauge the 109 had.  SO I would simply make a good copy, glue it on a soup can, and I have my gauge.  Cover it with a piece of plexiglass.  The problem though is how to make the very thin rims on the upper face of the gauge.  Not sure what to do.  Would love to hear from you guys

thanks