[simpits-tech] Dell Poweredge Computers

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Mon Sep 27 20:37:22 PDT 2004

Roy Coates wrote:

> I would NEVER buy a branded PC like Gateway, Dell, Sony or any other.
> You pay a premium for the badge and often the parts are non-standard
> making life a bitch when you need to fix it or want to upgrade.

That's why I bought this eMachine :) Standard everything. Even the faces on
the CD and DVD drives can be swapped to new stuff since they're Mitsumi and
NEC, respectively. Even the card reader will work since it just plugs into
the USB header on the motherboard, and everyone has that header now.

But if I hadn't gotten it for 25% off I would have just built my own.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net