[simpits-tech] Hello all(Intro)

jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 20 16:03:51 PDT 2004

Hello everyone...Just a brief into...I have been wanting to build a Me 109 simpit for about 5 years now.  A few times I wrote to you guys and recieved alot of help.  Well, I am glad to say that I am almost done with my 109 Instrument panel and she is looking good.  I bought a great book on Luftwaffe aircraft interiors and bought a speed guage off ebay.  Using the book and the actual guage I was able to make an exact scale mock up on the G-10 panel which is my favorite plane.  I can't wait to show you guys and to hear everyones feedback, whether it's "Wow that is great!" or "what the hell is that thing?!"  Either way, you guys, in my opinion, are the big leagues so I hope I can make some kind of an impression.  Also, if any of you need some photos of any Luftwaffe cockpits, or some detailed plans of ww2 fighters I have a large collection, just say the word and I will be more than happy to send it to you.

A while ago one of you guys sent me plans of the 109.  I do not remember who it was but I am very thankful and owe you alot :)

On a side note, a year ago I began construction of an apollo capsule.  Hard to make but it turned out very cool.  I was going to use it in a classroom where I teach school at but they would not allow it being that it was a history class.  Asked the science teacher if he wanted it but he said no so it sat in my in laws garage where it was destroyed in the flood from hurricane Frances :(

Anyway, thats about it.  Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Damian