[simpits-tech] Someone's bound to like this...

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sun Sep 19 13:53:10 PDT 2004

Bubba wrote:

> Matt Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Hasn't anyone in the lobby groups or privacy
> > groups figured out these random searches qualify 100% as unlawful
> > search
> > and/or seizure and are therefore totally unconstitutional? Or that the
> > whole point of terrorism is to incite terror, and the occasional
> > physical attack is merely a means to an end, and that by our freaking
> > out and throwing in a bunch of ridiculous, unconstitutional "feel
> > good"
> > security measures, we are in fact fulfilling the terrorists'
> > intents??? <huge sigh>
>
> The security that has been put in place is not only unconstitutional, it's
> also COMPLETELY ineffective. While sitting at the gate I watched a woman
> knitting with a pair of 12" long spikes, a guy at a pizza place cutting a
> pizza with a LARGE knife, and a burger place selling biological weapons
> (billed as "food". Yeah, right). Why is it that my wife, with a 9 month old
> baby, got searched 100% of the time?!? It doesn't take a genius to figure
> out that someone, possibly the FAA, has managed to use the public's fear to
> get away with this.

	No doubt about it, though I don't know how much the FAA is to blame.

> Not only that, but it's ILLEGAL to even give your
> opinion about security.

	Whaaaa?? What law is that?!?!

> Now there's a bill that wants to keep GA AC from
> flying over populated areas and requiring GA passengers to go through the
> same security as commercial flights. Umm.... no. When I'm flying in the left
> seat of a Cessna, *I* make the rules about what is in my aircraft. And I
> enforce them with the large caliber firearm under my left arm.

	Yeah that law was crazy........it got shot down quickly, actually the
congressman who came up with it stopped pursuing it after more
knowledgeable people (including a congressman who's a pilot) enlightened
him on the world of aviation. I think this was mostly a case of just
plain ignorance. The guy obviously wasn't in touch with the aviation
world any more than the average non-flying citizen. It's scary to think
that these people we put in power have little knowledge about many
specialized things that they have the authority to regulate (aviation,
auto racing, railway infrastructure, boating, farming, etc). One would
hope these authorities consult people in the field they are about to
enact laws upon, and get at least a good idea of the situation, so they
can tell whether or not theur law is needed, if it will work, what's
practical and what's not........but there's nothing forcing them to do
this.

> It can't handle more than that. So we're talking Scud type bazooka ;)

	Load up the AMD 3200+ desktop computer and you've got an ICBM. :)

	-Matt Bailey