[simpits-tech] Slide potentiometers

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sun Nov 21 13:14:34 PST 2004

Sounds like a good time to build your own. :) I just found that for
general aviation-type/generic throttles (and maybe some military stuff),
it looks like the aluminum landing gear used on various R/C models is
almost ideal. I pulled an old set out the other day and have sliced it
up for use as the throttle arms on my project, will probably order some
more now that I know they work. They're made pretty stiff to support the
plane, but are still easy enough to work with and quite bendable. Plus
they look just like the throttle arms found in various general aviation
planes (like Beechcraft, high performance Pipers, etc). And they come in
different shapes and sizes. Sure beats whatever I could hack up out of
scrap metal. :) Here's a pic of one with the mixture handle mounted to
it: http://rtccom.net/~mattb/mixture1.jpg

Tower Hobbies has a bunch of them:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=QDH&P=7 Actually,
though, I'd still like to find some real throttles and use those
instead. Also looking for a real joystick grip to mount to my setup (I
don't feel like spending $150 on an Infinity grip.........). Much ebay
scanning is happening. :)

	-Matt Bailey