[simpits-tech] Driving LED's form the parallel port (?)

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Nov 2 12:04:54 PST 2004

Hah, I wish I had a mill. :) All I have is a cordless Dremel (the 750
model), a power drill, and some Zona saws. Actually the pipe I'm using
seems to be of some relatively soft aluminum variety (I think it was
used for a ham radio antenna mast in a previous life.....) and is fairly
easy to cut with a Zona, but this old 486 case I'm using as a base is
made of like titanium or something. :P I tried cutting a 3/4" hole in
it.......lots of smoke from burning paint/metal, chewed up case, and the
bit is dulled on its corners. :) I wore it out before finishing the
second hole, had to use a normal bit and drill a bunch of little holes
in it, then snip the remnants away with wire cutters. I don't think a
Zona is up to cutting this case, and I haven't even tried my meager
Dremel 750 on it.......

	-Matt Bailey