[simpits-tech] [Flightgear-devel] IL2 Sturmovik and fligthgeargauges Panel (

Jeroen Huijben jeroen_huijben at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 19:48:31 PDT 2004

I don't have any secret inside knowledge but what I know is that you can let
FB open a port on which it will listen for requests.

FB will listen on an IP port of choice and will use the UDP protocol to send
the data.
You can enable this and choose the port by adding some lines in the conf.ini
file.

Other applications can ask for things like airspeed or pitch and FB will
provide this data in a reply.
It is also possible to send input for some controls.
What the application does with this data is up to the designer.

The installation of the patch comes with a textfile (devicelink.txt)
explaining how to talk to FB in detail.
here's a link:
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=239101914

This looks like a good sign to me.
More developers are giving pitbuilders the tools to make a fully functional
pit.

I'm thinking of making a 2D pit in VB6.
Instruments will be simple, just some lines and transparant .gif overlays
and background.
The response from FB isn't usable as it comes in so there will be a module
that cuts up the incoming strings and dispenses the data to the right
instruments.