[simpits-tech] circuit breakers

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Mon May 24 09:20:29 PDT 2004

Unfortunately, the breakers from SimKits are push to reset only. Some
functions of the Jetranger breakers is to use it as a switch, also.

As for a fire, I have a circuit that tests circuit breakers in
equipment. It takes an scr and crowbars the output. As soon as
this happens, the breaker opens, the scr looses power and returns
to the open state, this happening in milliseconds.

I was only really after the lower current units as to simulate
comms loss, hydraulics loss, fuel pump loss, etc.

A relay can simulate loss of generator, so the high current
ones would be to fill out the panel.

If the battery, avionics, lighting and a few other main power
switches were not on the overhead panel, I probably would
not even build one. A proper start sequence requires several
switch operations on the overhead. Also, pop out floats are
disarmed over land, if flight is over water, they are armed,
all by the circuit breaker.

No one said life would be simple!

Fred Mahone