[simpits-tech] Lamp

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat May 15 11:52:32 PDT 2004

I was reading the troubleshooting section of the instruction paper. It says the power diode may have failed.

At any rate there IS a  thermostat on the lamp housing as you described. It is riveted to the housing, as is one of the wires. I guess they are trying to ensure everyone is forced to mail the entire unit to them for repairers. 75 bucks to replace what is probably a 2 dollar part. Errr!!!

I wonder if there are some kind of local shops that work on overheads. Anyone have any ideas on what kind of place I should look for? My sim is no longer any fun without the projector, I've been spoiled!
Justin