[simpits-tech] intercom

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Fri May 14 09:06:21 PDT 2004

I did some research last night on the parts for the sim intercom by
R.C. Johansson and found all of the main parts still available.

The nice thing about this unit is the side tone (you hear your own voice
in your ear piece) and the noise generator to add a simulated
atmospheric back ground noise to aircraft to aircraft comms.

It is set up for regular computer headsets, so some modification would
be required for it to work with military avionics.

If there is sufficient interest, I will contact Mr. Johansson to find
out if boards are still available. If not, I will see if he has the board
layout
that I can have more boards made. I will be working on a military version
in the mean time.

Fred Mahone