[simpits-tech] Multiple joysticks

Robert Barringer xenobob at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 03:49:18 PDT 2004

Since I finally got a copy of FS2004 (the last version I had was 98, which
went missing long ago), I can begin to seriously consider building a simpit.
Unfortunately right now, since I'm moving soon, I don't have the time or
space to construct a full-scale military cockpit like I originally planned,
but I might be able to make a basic instrument panel or radio stack to make
the sim easier and more realistic. I was thinking about building my own
throttle quadrant with throttle controls for four engines, trim controls,
flaps, the works, but I'm not sure about interfacing more than one
joystick-port device with Win98SE. I guess I'd have to get a DB-15 to USB
adapter as I only have one game port. Is there anything special I need to do
to get something like that to work or would I just have to plug it in and
calibrate it?

Also is there anywhere I can buy ready-made sim guages, with interface
software? I don't have time to figure out how to control a bunch of stepping
motors and servos, program everything, or  how to build the damn guages
right now. When I get around to building my military pit I'll probably build
everything myself, but  I just can't at the moment. I figure this simpit
will be mostly plywood and parts from radio shack, but I'd like as much
functionality as possible, without spending a fortune.