[simpits-tech] An idea - headset boxes

Inventmd at aol.com Inventmd at aol.com
Mon May 10 21:59:39 PDT 2004

<<You will need to buy an adapter plug that converts your single military
U-174 plug to a civilian headset and mic plug. >>

Where do we get these adapters?  I have a mil set of David Clarks I want to
use for civilian aviation.

I am confused since I find that civilian headsets convert to PC easily with a
simple radio Shack big mic to little mic adapter.  What does Brian’s box do?

John

<<NO Steve, these boxes will not convert a military mic to a pc input type.
They are different impedances.  You will need to buy an adapter plug that
converts your single military U-174 plug to a civilian headset and mic plug.  Now
you need to be careful to not buy just the adapter, but you must buy the
adapter that also converts the impedance as well.  The plug adapter alone will not
work, you MUST convert the impedance as well.  Once you have done this, then
you build one of Brian’s little boxes and this converts the civilian plugs to
pc plugs.