[simpits-tech] An idea - headset boxes

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 10 02:02:40 PDT 2004

NO Steve, these boxes will not convert a military mic to a pc input type.
They are different impedances.  You will need to buy an adapter plug that
converts your single military U-174 plug to a civilian headset and mic plug.
Now you need to be careful to not buy just the adapter, but you must buy the
adapter that also converts the impedance as well.  The plug adapter alone
will not work, you MUST convert the impedance as well.  Once you have done
this, then you build one of Brian's little boxes and this converts the
civilian plugs to pc plugs.  You plug it in and it works like a top.  I have
done this using my HGU-55p and MBU-20p oxygen mask.  Didn't change a thing
inside the helmet or mask and I fly online with this setup and have been
told it really sounds very military and adds realism to those listening.  If
you need any help with this stuff, I'll be glad to assist.

Jay

  _____