[simpits-tech] Orbiter Ripoff

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 18:15:52 PST 2004

Umm, guys, while I hate piracy as much as anyone, could I please point out
that the site is a DEMO of a Open Source shopping cart application?

The very first line on the site is....

"This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for
demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will
the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be
treated as fictional."

osCommerce have set up an example webpage to show prospective users of their
shopping cart how it works, and have used Orbiter (Probably because someone on
the osCommerce wants to give publicity to a fellow freeware author) as one of
the imaginary products.

Nothing is really being offered for sale on that site.

Richard