[simpits-tech] Orbiter Ripoff

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:18:50 PST 2004

Just got this off the wire (aka moonport orbiter forums), a message from Martin, the creator of orbiter:

http://orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=14969

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have just found a site which tries to sell Orbiter for 499 Swiss francs!

myshop.odyssey.ch/

(If you can read the German page, which contains more detail, you will see that they even bundle future upgrades in the package, so they are selling MY stuff before I have even written it!)

I have sent them notice and I am awaiting their response. In the mean time, does anybody know of similar cases, i.e. somebody asking money for orbiter which is clearly not just for covering media or distribution costs? Please let me know!

In case I get ignored by these people, I may need some legal advice on what steps to take next. Short of a full-out legal battle, is there a way to get their web site banned for copyright infringement?

Martin

PS: You will notice that they invite product comments on both the English and German pages. If you have time, you may want to give them a piece of your mind.

Just thought I'd make mention of it. I know how much some of you like going after asshats! ;) I know I'd like to toast this guy.

Brian