[simpits-tech] Dzus layout drawing...

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Mon Mar 22 12:15:42 PST 2004

Hi Gene
Look for the center to center specification of your Dzus mounting rails
that you are going to install the panels in. Sorry for the confusion but
unless we find a Mil-Spec or ATA Spec, all I have is this information:

Here is a Real Life Panel Example for a 5.75 x 9.00 nominal panel.
Using the lower left hand corner as the controlling edges:

Panel width from the Left controlling edge 5.750 +0.000 -0.020
Panel height from the Bottom controlling edge 9.000 +0.000 -0.041

Dzus hole location: +/- .005"
0.183 from the Left controlling edge to the first Dzus centerline
5.548 from the Left controlling edge to the second Dzus centerline

Nominal  5.365 between the first and second Dzus centerlines

First & second Dzus centerline 0.554 up from the lower controlling edge

The third and fourth Dzus centerline would be located 8.429 up from the
lower controlling edge.

As you can see the "Top Edge" and "Right Edge" float with the tolerance.
The Dzus dimensions are held to +/- 005"

David