[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 7, Issue 31

Hans-Dieter Schwarz Hans-Dieter.Schwarz at t-online.de
Wed Mar 17 19:48:35 PST 2004

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:03:58 -0800 (PST)
>From: Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com>
>Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by Richard.
>To: Simulator Cockpit tech list <simpits-tech at simpits.org>
>

>>Can't you just use a rotary switch?  I never really bothered to look for the
>>difference in encoders and switches.
>>

>Jay, a rotary switch is a great thing if you're performing a "select"
>function, like "OFF","AUTO","NORM","EMERG".  A four position rotary switch
>would be great for that.  However, for something like a radio tuning knob,
>you need to have it be a continuously rotating device.  Rotating on
>direction changes the frequency up, the other changes it down.  There are
>so many frequencies, a fixed position rotary switch wouldn't do the job.
>
>g.

a rotary switch is a great thing for radio if you have some 10-raster-switches!
That meens numbers from 0 - 9! You need for freq. mostliy numbers from 0 - 9999,
1st = 1000, 2nd = 100, 3rd = 10, 4th = 1!
Therefor You need four switches in line - mounted in Line in a rack, with showing
the rastered number!
At last one switch to fix the number whitch ist ready to use an send the number!
hds.