[simpits-tech] Selling a RailDriver Controller on Ebay

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Tue Mar 16 11:32:13 PST 2004

hi, Thomas.

mine mixed with yours...

At 09:54 AM 3/16/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Allan,
>
>Could you post or send a photo of your train sim controller ?  If you have
>discussed your project elsewhere Just point in in the general direction
>and I'll follow up there.

i've built a "general purpose cockpit", capable of supporting my many sim &
MMORPG interests. it more resembles an airbus 3xx series cockpit rather
than a train cabin.

>I suppose a controller is a controller as far as building conventions go
>but, I am curious as to the following...
>
>1) Are you using the Raildriver software to route the commands of your
>controller ?
>
>2) Has anyone used a saitek x36/45 for the same purpose ? I'd like to know
>how it worked out.

i'm not using the raildriver software, but wish they published an API :-).

a friend and i have developed a "12 position switch on a PIC". the switch
is hardware configurable to support any number of settings (up to 12).

the switch has a heavy "click" to it, so you can readily feel the detent
through a throttle lever. i built 2: a 9-click for throttle, and one for
dynamic brake. they interface to a Hagstrom encoder. you define 2
keystrokes (clockwise, ccw), and awaaaaay you go.

the throttles themselves, are ugly to behold, but perfectly functional.

the cockpit work has no online presence, sorry.

>Thanks everyone !
>
>Thomas Peterson

Alan D.
Mazurka