[simpits-tech] Slightly OT - Piper Cub

Brian West bcw at palma.infotelecom.es
Wed Mar 10 20:38:46 PST 2004

Hi,
     Just like to add my two cents worth about Rotax.  The 532 was a 4
stroke, I think of 50 hp but is now obsolete.
   That leaves you with the 503 2 stroke which is 50  hp. I've got one but
put it like this I wouldn't cross any stretch of water without the height to
glide to land.
The other two stroke  is the 582 which is 65 hp and quite good, they are
water cooled and last better.

The best of all but bigger bucks is the 912  which gives 80 hp, its a 4
stroke and pretty bullet proof . They have flown around the world and the
more powerful 914 powers the Predator.

Regards,   Brian West.