[simpits-tech] Got money?

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Mon Mar 8 16:14:40 PST 2004

I'd almost be afraid to start the jet engine! :) These things seem to be
gaining serious popularity lately. I've never seen one in person, would love
to see one fly and witness their unique sound (I've read it sounds just like
a full scale jet). Incidentally, there was a special on TechTV last night
about UAV's and they had some footage of a turbine F-18 model flying.
Couldn't tell much just from the video but it looked pretty cool.

Oh well, even if I had the money I don't have the skills to fly these things,
or the experience required for the permit. That's ok though, I'm not sure I
could enjoy zipping a 200+ MPH, $20,000 super-scale model around. :)

	-Matt Bailey