[simpits-tech] Slightly OT - Piper Cub

harold enos fliper56789 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 12:56:30 PST 2004

Brian,
Kentwood is about 2&1/2 hrs from me, i'm in Caro, in
the thumb. Wood or Metal? Hard question realy Brian, I
would go wood, for a few reasions, first off, my
welding skills are not that good! secondly, i have
seen many a 'welded tube' airframe with cracks just
off the weld joint, keep in mind Brian, that when
using a 2-stroke for the power plant the vibration it
set up is different, wood airframes handle it much
better, there are advantages and disadvantages to both
types of construction for the home builder, as for the
532 engine, try this web-site
http://www.barnstormers.com/

Best
Phil