[simpits-tech] Falcon4, G2I, UT, Atari, BMS and patience (yours! ; )...

Mark Doran mark_s_doran at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:30:42 PST 2004

> F4 has survived to this point, no doubt it will continue.

[Mark Doran] I hope so too.

> Do you have any idea why folks are posting gripes over in the F4 Community
> fora that the SP4 / BMS 1.03 combination is resulting in a large frame
rate
> hit?  Better still, given your associations, what is _your_ Falcon 4
install
> dance like? ;-)

[Mark Doran] Actually install dance is not so bad.  I have a zip file with a
fresh install of F4 right off the CD followed by a 1.08 patch run followed
by an SP4 install.  That's the zip.  Then I just overlay the latest BMS
installer that we're using for testing over that.  Each time there's a new
exe or installer, I just remove the Falcon4 directory and roll out my fresh
zip file again.

On the frame rate thing, the only issue I have seen in my testing was with
older gfx cards.  For example I simply tossed out the ATI 9200 I had in one
system and dropped in a 9800XT and voila.  BMS exes really seem to like new
big fast CPUs and latest/greatest gfx cards with up to date drivers.  Good
job these toys are so much less expensive than all the pit hardware we are
making, eh?? ;-)

Cheers,

Mark.